Beekse Bergen main building on fire
The main building of the Beekse Bergen holiday park in Hilvarenbeek in Brabant is on fire. The fire brigade has the building burned out in a controlled way because it can no longer be saved, the Zeeland-West-Brabant Safety Region reports.
The fire started wednesday morning at the restaurant due to a gas leak. The dispatcher received a report around 9:00 a.m. There is also a swimming pool in the main building.
The safety region says the fire is no longer spreading. Storage with chlorine and sulfuric acid would be safe from the fire. So the smoke doesn’t contain these chemicals.
However, extinguishing water on the fire causes additional harmful substances. Local residents from Goirle, Moergestel, Hilvarenbeek and Tilburg are advised to close windows and doors.
Beekse Bergen was open to visitors
The park is currently open to holidaymakers. It is not known if it was busy in and around the building at the time the fire broke out.
Visitors to the park are allowed to stay for the time being, the safety region reports. The smoke does not blow towards the cottages on the park, but towards the outside area.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK