Vaginal yeast infection symptoms, causes and remedy
By: Stephanie C. Stephen
SIGNS YOU MIGHT HAVE (VYI)
Research shows that there are over 1000 cases of recorded women suffering from vaginal yeast infection. There is also a 50/50 chance that you currently have vaginal yeast infection and do not know it. However, vaginal yeast infection is known to ail at least 90% of women at least once or twice in their life time so it is a complete natural phase.
WHAT IS AND WHAT ISN’T VAGINAL YEAST INFECTION
Yeast is a bacteria present in both the male and female body at a subsidized amount. When there is an irregular or larger production of this yeast in the female genital organ, it leads to an infection known as vaginal yeast infection or candidiasis.
Yeast infection is the most popular genital infections ailing women but also the most overlooked due to lack of enlightenment. When not properly treated, yeast growth could double in amount causing great discomfort and might appear more than twice in a month.
Is yeast infection an STI or STD? Definitely not but could it be passed through sex? Not always
SYMPTOMS OF VAGINAL YEAST INFECTION
1) Uncontrollable itching around and/or inside the vulva that may lead to tears or cracks around the vagina
2) Swelling around the vagina
3) Thick white or creamy discharge
4) Uncontrollable watery creamy discharge
5) Thick and clumpy discharge
6) Weird or fishy smell
7) Pain or itching or discomfort after or during sex
8) Creamy/yellowish/green discharge
WHAT COULD CAUSE VAGINA YEAST INFECTION (VYI)
A variety of things could cause yeast infection in women such as
1) Poor hygiene
2) Contraceptive pills
5) Hormonal imbalance
7) Poor immune system due to sicknesses
8) Increased sugar intake
HOW TO AND HOW NOT TO TREAT VYI
If you have probably felt uncontrollably itchy, red and sore down there with smelly or uncontrollable and irregular clumpy or watery discharge down there, you might have had VYI. You might have noticed itching or smelly creamy cheese like discharge during sex which might be embarrassing or discomforting. If you’ve done your homework and confirmed it’s VYI, it’s time to get rid of it.
These are the DO NOTS you should never try when treating VYI (Vaginal yeast infection)
1) Inserting raw ginger/garlic in the vagina
2) Sitting on a bucket of hot salt/Dettol/izal water
3) Rubbing antiseptic soaps
4) Rubbing coconut oils
These are traditional methods and are proven not to help at all.
These are the Dos you can try when treating
The common advice is to visit a doctor if you have access to one or:
1) Purchase antifungal creams
2) Change your underwear if poor hygiene is the cause of your VYI
3) Purchase Vaginal insertion pills (pills that requires insertion into the vagina over night) it is completely safe and works in less than a week
4) Take antibacterial drugs prescribed by a pharmacist
5) Ensure proper hygiene
By: Stephanie C. Stephen
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK