How to resume a relationship after a break in the couple?
In a couple, there are ups and downs, sometimes we take a break to resume the relationship differently. Not obvious, because we don’t really know how to do it! In this article we will analyze the ways to do how to know how to resume a relationship after a break in the couple.
Join us on whatsapp
1.Si you have a relationship of less than a year.
A relationship of less than 6 months can be considered as the beginning of the discovery. Indeed, you start to know your partner and you start to really invest in the relationship. If during this period, you decide to take a break, you will have to ask yourself real questions:
- What’s wrong with the couple?
- If a break is already present, isn’t that a sign that we need to stop permanently?
- What bothers me?
- What can I improve?
- What are the criticisms I make of my partner?
If you have decided to take a break in the couple so quickly in the relationship it is because there are most likely important disputes between you. Very often, the first year is the time of the honeymoon when we discover the other as the most precious treasure. This is the so-called phase of seduction, of passion. If you decide to try a relationship again after the break you will have to know precisely what you want and tell your partner. It is important to set the record straight in order to solidify the foundations of your relationship as much as possible.
How do you resume a relationship after a break when you have had a relationship of less than a year?
- Take the time to talk with your partner to find out precisely what is wrong and what are the mutual demands and desires.
- See yourself “calmly” again in order to revive envy and desire. Ideally, start by seeing each other 1 to 2 times a week maximum in order to respect the autonomy and independence of each other.
- Make the decision to regularly speak and communicate freely in order to create real trust and alchemy within your couple.
2. If you have several years of relationship
In this case, the angle of approach is different! Indeed, you know “perfectly” your partner and you know what you want in your couple. The fact of taking a break after several years means that you have to change the old version of the couple and take a new turn.
To resume a relationship after a break in this case, I advise you to ask yourself the following questions:
- Isn’t it time to change your life? To rebuild something else, differently, that corresponds to my real aspirations and needs?
- Is this break necessary? Why is it taking place? Is it to find us?
- Do I want to resume my relationship? If so, how?
- Am I still in love? Is love enough to resume the relationship?
When you have had a relationship of several years, you cannot see each other again as if you have only known each other for 15 days. Because you may fall into the “friendzone”. Indeed, instead of leaving we decide to choose a situation that does not suit us 100% but that allows us to keep “a link”. If both partners agree, there is no problem but very often it is a one-way decision that will plunge the “loving” partner into real distress.
How do you resume a relationship after a break when you have had a relationship of several years?
- We start the relationship where we left off with new resolutions.
- We do not lie to ourselves and we decide to give ourselves 100%
- f this does not work, one can consider a friendship IF and ONLY IF both partners agree.
How to resume a relationship when you have had several breaks?
Many couples experience several breaks in their relationship. It works the first time, the second time it’s more difficult and the third, you become a caricature of what you would like to be. As you know, you can never pick up the pieces perfectly because there will always be flaws, wounds and pains that cannot go away. We try to come back together because we love ourselves and we can’t live without the other. Except, that it’s a MISTAKE! There comes a time in a couple where love is no longer enough and where you have to have a common vision of the future and a real desire to build a life together. Coming back together out of spite, sadness or fear of loneliness is the worst decision because it will make you waste your time!
How to resume a relationship after a break in a couple?
By listening to one another and not putting the desire of the other before your own needs and desires. A break can be life-saving but several breaks will be destructive.
First reaction from a reader
This article is recent and you are probably one of the very first readers to find it, Be the first to leave a comment, share a review, an idea to start the discussion:) Leave a comment.