Connect with us



see the favorite for the Northeast Cup title

On Ilha do Retiro, Sport x Ceará represents the second game of the great final of the Copa do Nordeste; check out the favorite and see Rivaldo’s analysis

the duel sport x Ceará marks the grand final of the 2023 Northeast Cup. The teams face each other this Wednesday, 3, at 9 pm (Brasília time), on Ilha do Retiro. After Vozão’s victory in the first game, by 2-1, Leão has the field command in the decision to guarantee the regional title of the current season.


With great emotions, the first leg of the final was dominated and won by Ceará, which could have come out with an even greater advantage if it weren’t for the goal conceded in stoppage time in the second stage. Even so, Vozão has a possible tie in its favor in the search for another victory in the competition.

Betfair, the specialist house of sports odds, analyzed the title chances of each team. According to the survey, the team from Ceará appears with greater chances of winning the title in the opponent’s territory.

Sport and Ceará arrive for the decisive confrontation with eight wins, one draw and two defeats in the competition. In the first match of the Copa do Nordeste final, Ceará got the better of Castelão with goals from Guilherme Castilho and Vitor Gabriel, guaranteeing Vozão’s advantage in winning the title according to Betfair: there are 55% (odd 1.75) of the team’s chances cearense to take the cup against 45% (odd of 2.15) of the Sport team.

Santos loses important starter for 'decision' in Sudamericana

According to the bookmaker, striker Vagner Love is the player most likely to score a goal in the final with a 59% chance (odd of 1.7), on the other hand, Erick, vice-scorer with five goals in the Copa do Nordeste is the favorite to score with 41% (odd of 2.4).


The scores most likely to happen are Sport’s 1-0 victory and a 1-1 draw with a 17% (odd of 6.0) probability, scores that guarantee Ceará’s title. The 2-0 victory, which would guarantee Sport’s title without the need for a penalty shootout, appears with 13% (odd of 8.0), according to Betfair.

In nineteen editions of the Copa do Nordeste, in only two finals did the loser of the first leg win the Lampions League cup. Sport is fighting to win the fourth championship after winning in 1994, 2000 and 2014, while Ceará won in 2015 and 2020, seeking to match this Wednesday’s rival.

Rivaldo evaluates final

For Rivaldo, Sport is the favorite for the second leg of the final due to Leão’s good campaign in the 2023 season: “They are two big teams from the Northeast, with great fans. Sport is in a good phase conquering Pernambucano and is the only Serie B team in the Copa do Brasil. Ceará has an advantage due to the first leg, but it won’t be easy to play on Ilha do Retiro, where it’s always very difficult to beat Sport at home”, said the former player.

Jorge Sampaoli praises the Maracanã lawn and talks about strengthening Flamengo

“Looking at the moment of the two teams, and the fact that the decision is in Pernambuco, maybe Sport will have a small advantage to take the title of the Copa do Nordeste 2023”, completed.


where to watch

Sport and Ceará face each other this Wednesday, 3, at 9 pm (Brasília time), in a game valid for the grand final of the 2023 Northeast Cup. The confrontation will be broadcast by SBT (open channel), Nosso Futebol (closed channel) , ESPN (closed channel) and OneFootball (streaming), in addition to the sportbuzz be following and reflecting all the best that happens in the match.

see the favorite for the Northeast Cup title

Follow AFRILATEST on Google News  and receive alerts for the main trending sports news today, Basket ball updates, Soccer series, entertainment and lots more!


Join our Audience reward campaign and make money reading articles, shares, likes and comment >> Join reward Program



Be the first to leave us a comment, down the comment section. click allow to follow this topic and get firsthand daily updates.


#favorite #Northeast #Cup #title
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *